Tuesday 19 June 2012

#10 Favourite Product - Smashbox Contour Palette

Well here it is - the first product on my countdown of my top 10 favorites - the Smashbox Contour Palette.
Contouring is one of those things that few people know how to do, but is a really good trick to slim down and add shape and definition to your face. 

Why I like it:

It comes with the perfect wee brush. It is just the right size to fit under your cheekbone into the hollow of your cheek, allowing you to apply the perfect contour shape. Plus... it comes with the palette, free. And we all love free stuff.
It has an easy to understand diagram of where to place each colour on the face which is really helpful.
The contour and highlighter suits virtually any skin tone.
It is compact, portable and durable. I have dropped mine several times and it has never broken. The inside of the lid is a mirror which is extremely handy.
It lasts for AGES even if you are using it every day (or several times a day like me!).
You only need the tiniest bit on your brush to create a subtle, natural contour, bronze or highlight. Slowly build it up to a level that you are comfortable with, being sure to blend well as you go.  If you use too much, it is likely to look far to dark/light and not blend well.
The highlighter is matte - so no shimmer. It gives a really nice "barely there" highlight for day time. If you want something brighter or more dramatic, just use as a base, and apply a shimmer product over it!

What I don't like:

I feel like its a bit backwards - I prefer to highlight first and contour last using the same brush to save on brushes and cleaning.
The bronzer is quite orange. It works for darker skin tones, but not really the paler ones. On the bright side, I use it as a brow definer because my hair is copper.
The contour is too pale for very dark skin tones.

Cost:

$62 NZD, which when you think about how long it lasts, works out pretty cheap. I have had mine for around 7 months and have used less than half of it. So if it lasts about a year... I think that's a pretty good deal!

Your thoughts:

Have you tried the Smashbox Contour Palette? What did you think of it? Would you recommend it?
If you don't already have it, would you consider trying it?

No comments:

Post a Comment