Thursday 21 June 2012

Review: L'Oreal Liss Ultime Serum

Only just missing out on making the list of my top 10 favorite products, I bring you the L'Oreal Liss Ultime Serum.
Finding the right serum is quite a difficult task - there are soooo many on the market these days that it is very hard to choose. I have tried many different types and brands of serum but the Liss Ultime is definitely my favorite.

Why I like it:

It is very lightweight and non-greasy. Many serums try to weigh down the hair to stop it from appearing frizzy, leaving it limp, slimy and greasy. Liss Ultime, however, absorbs into the hair leaving it noticeably smoother and and softer. I think this is because the formula isn't as thick as some other serums on the market so it absorbs into the hair and works from the inside instead of sitting on top of it.
It smells nice, which is a must in any product I use. It could be the worlds greatest product, but if it smells bad, I wont use it!!
You can also mix it with your other favorite hair products - I mix mine with my leave in treatment.

How to use it:


Directions for use are to apply 1 - 2 pumps to clean, towel dried hair, style as usual, do not rinse. To expand on that, I would recommend only applying from the mid lengths to ends of the hair (not the roots) as the roots of your hair get enough moisture from natural oils, and you risk making your roots look greasy. Start out with just using one pump, and each time after you wash your hair, increase the amount you use until you are happy with the result. For instance, I have long, very thick hair, so I use up to 4 pumps.
When you apply the product, pump it into your hands and then rub them together to warm up the serum, then gently run your hair through your hands until your hair is coated and the serum is gone from your hands. Finish by using a wide tooth comb to de-tangle your hair and ensure the serum is evenly distributed.
Applying the serum to damp hair will help smooth it down and soften it, but if you are after an even smoother result and a beautiful shine, try applying it very sparingly to your dry hair. Start with just half a pump, warm it up by rubbing it between your hands, and smooth over the mid lengths to ends of your hair. Very slowly build up until you are happy with the result. Be careful though, because if you use too much your hair will; quickly start looking limp and greasy!

What I don't like:

I wish the bottles were bigger, because I can go through a whole bottle in around 3 months, which really isn't that bad, considering I use at least twice as much as the directions state. But it would still be nice if it was bigger!


Cost:

Around $31 NZD for a 125ml bottle. That's about $10 a month for me, so not too bad at all.

Your thoughts:

Have you tried the L'Oreal Liss Ultime Serum? What did you think of it? Would you recommend it?
If you don't already have it, would you consider trying it?

No comments:

Post a Comment